Friday 8 September 2017

Random Thoughts #5 (My lineage in literature)

For those of you who don't know. I am not a published author. While it remains a dream of mine to someday publish a collection of the poems I've written so far, there is something else I wish could also happen. Which is that one day my parents would actually understand at the very least one of my poems. Amazingly despite writing myself into a university youth festival winning port and also regularly coming on the radio to recite my poetry no one in my family has any associations with literature what so ever. Strange it seems, but hey that's life for you. Perhaps the greatest irony I've ever seen is the son of a man who found 7th grade English poetry tough went on to write English poetry at this level and maintains this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment