Wednesday 9 September 2015

Mother's Love (My first poem)

MOTHER’S LOVE

The most beautiful thing,
In the world is love
It is pure as the white milk
That comes from a cow
There are many types of love
But the one which is the most
Beautiful is a mother’s love to her child
She cares for him every time

Always on his side
Spending sleepless nights with
Him when he is sick
Cheering him on in his battle of life
Like this there are many types
Of love as pure as the color white
But still I shall never see
A more beautiful one than a mother’s love

 -Elvin J Paul

This was the first poem I ever wrote. Looking back at it now it is a small,typical poem that a kid of that age would have written. My poetry has definitely changed a lot from this poem to now. It doesn't have any deep philosophy like my newer works, but yet I can still look at it today and have a smile about a time when I was more simpler and definitely more innocent.

My first poem-published in LEO XIII HSS Alappuzha's school magazine of 2007-08



No comments:

Post a Comment